This Service Agreement (“Agreement”) is made and entered into as of later of the two signature dates below (“Effective Date”), between SparkReaction, LLC and the undersigned subscriber (“Subscriber”). This Agreement sets forth the terms pursuant to which Subscriber will be permitted to use certain SparkReaction, LLC professional services. The parties agree as follows:
- “Account” means a unique account created for Subscriber to access the Subscription Services.
- “Add-On Services” means additional services that may be added to the Subscription Services.
- “Affiliate” means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- “Employees” means any employee of Subscriber for whom Subscriber is purchasing and/or using the Services (if applicable).
- “Professional Services” means time-and-materials services provided to Subscriber, such as consulting services, onboarding support, etc.
- “Scope Limitations” means the limitations on Subscriber’s use of the Subscription Services specified in one or more applicable Service Orders. Scope Limitations may include limits on the services included with the Subscription Services, and/or a maximum number of items, features, pages or such other limits as are set forth in the Service Order.
- “Services” means, collectively, Subscription Services, Add-On Services and Professional Services.
- “Service Order” means a document setting out the specific details of one or more specific Services to be provided to Subscriber, which is agreed upon and signed by both parties.
- “Sites” means https://www.sparkreaction.com, as applicable.
- “Subscription Services” means the subscription services provided by SparkReaction, LLC to Subscriber, as identified in one or more Service Orders. The Subscription Services include the use of web-based applications, Mobile Applications (if applicable), technical support, and documentation such as user manuals and online help files.
- “Subscription Term” means the subscription term set forth in the applicable Service Order for the Services.
Service Orders. Once executed by both parties, each Service Order will be a unique agreement that incorporates the terms of this Agreement and stands alone with respect to all other Service Orders. If there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the terms of a Service Order, the terms of this Agreement will control unless the Service Order states that a specific provision of this Agreement will be superseded by a specific provision of the Service Order. SparkReaction, LLC will provide, and Subscriber will pay for, all Services set out in each Service Order, subject to the terms of the Service Order and this Agreement.
Use of the Services
- Access and Users. Subscriber is responsible for managing access to its Account and for all information, data, text, messages or other materials that Subscriber’s users post or otherwise transmit via the Services. Subscriber may permit its agents, contractors or service providers to access the Services through its Account, provided that such third party is using the Services on behalf of Subscriber. Subscriber ensures that any person or entity using its Account comply with the terms of this Agreement, and that Subscriber remains responsible for any action taken using its Account. If the Scope Limitations include limits on the number of users, Subscriber will ensure that each user is issued its own credentials and that credentials are not shared by more than one user.
- Use Restrictions. Subscriber may use the Services solely for its own internal business operations. Except as otherwise explicitly provided in this Agreement and/or applicable Service Order, Subscriber will not, and will not permit or authorize third parties to: (a) license, sublicense, sell, rent, lease, or otherwise permit third parties to use the Services; (b) use the Services to provide services to third parties (e.g., as a service bureau); (c) circumvent or disable any security or other technological features or measures of the Services; (d) reverse engineer any element of the Services, or use the Services or any of SparkReaction, LLC's Confidential Information (as defined below) to compete with the Services; (e) modify, adapt or hack the Services to falsely imply any sponsorship or association with SparkReaction, LLC, or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or its related systems or networks; (f) use the Services in any manner that interferes with or disrupts the integrity or performance of the Services or the components of the Services; (g) use the Services to knowingly post, upload, link to, send or store any content that is unlawful, racist, hateful, obscene, discriminatory, or that contains any viruses, malware, Trojan horses, time bombs, or any other similar harmful software; (h) attempt to use any method to gain unauthorized access to any paid features of the Sites; (i) use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Sites or the Services; (j) deep-link to the Sites for any purpose (other than SparkReaction, LLC’s home page), unless expressly authorized in writing by SparkReaction, LLC; or (k) impersonate any other user of the Services. SparkReaction, LLC shall have the right to terminate this Agreement and any Order Form/Invoice, if SparkReaction, LLC reasonably suspects that Subscriber has violated the foregoing restrictions.
- Protection Against Unauthorized Use. Subscriber will use reasonable efforts to prevent any unauthorized use of the Services and immediately notify SparkReaction, LLC in writing of any unauthorized use that comes to Subscriber’s attention. If there is unauthorized use by anyone who obtained access to the Services directly or indirectly through Subscriber, Subscriber will take all steps reasonably necessary to terminate the unauthorized use. Subscriber will cooperate and assist with any actions taken by SparkReaction, LLC to prevent or terminate unauthorized use of the Services.
- Right to Suspend Services. SparkReaction, LLC may suspend Subscriber’s or any Client’s use of the Services if SparkReaction, LLC reasonably and in good faith believes such suspension is necessary to prevent unauthorized use of the Services or to prevent an ongoing violation of any applicable laws or regulations. SparkReaction, LLC will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Subscriber prior to any such suspension and will only suspend the Services to the extent necessary to prevent such unauthorized use or violation. In addition, if Subscriber fails to timely pay any fees in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and/or any Service Order, SparkReaction, LLC may, without limitation to any of its other rights or remedies, suspend performance of the Services until it receives all amounts due.
- Reservation of Rights. SparkReaction, LLC grants to Subscriber a limited right to use the Services under this Agreement. Subscriber will not have any rights to the Services except as expressly granted in this Agreement. SparkReaction, LLC reserves to itself and its licensors all rights to the Services not expressly granted to Subscriber in accordance with this Agreement. SparkReaction, LLC and its licensors retain all copyright, patent, and other intellectual property rights in and to the Services.
- Feedback. SparkReaction, LLC shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, irrevocable and perpetual license to incorporate into the Services or otherwise use any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback SparkReaction, LLC receives from Subscriber.
Third Party Services
- External Sites. The Services may contain links to, or otherwise may allow Subscriber to connect to and use certain third party products, service or software under separate terms and conditions (collectively, “Third-party Service”) in conjunction with the Services. If Subscriber decides to access and use such Third-party Service, Subscriber acknowledges that its use of said Third-party Service is governed solely by the terms and conditions of such Third-party Service, and SparkReaction, LLC does not endorse, is not responsible for, and makes no representations as to such Third-party Service, its content or the manner in which such Third-party Service handles Subscriber’s data. SparkReaction, LLC is not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with Subscriber’s access or use of any such Third-party Service, or Subscriber’s reliance on the privacy practices or other policies of such Third-party Service.
- Integration. The Services may contain features that enable various Third-party Services to be directly integrated into Subscriber’s accounts. To take advantage of these features, Subscriber will be required to register for or log into such Third-party Service on their respective websites. By accessing/enabling a Third-party Service within the Services, Subscriber is allowing SparkReaction, LLC to pass Subscriber’s log-in information to the Third-party Service for this purpose.
Fees and Payments
- Fees. Subscriber will pay SparkReaction, LLC the fees specified in each applicable Service Order. If Subscriber orders additional Services or changes the Services it is receiving, the fees for such additional or changed services will be charged at the then-current pricing for such additional or changed services and will commence on the activation date listed in the Service Order. Any resulting change in fees shall be reflected in future invoices. All amounts payable under this Agreement are denominated in United States dollars, and Subscriber will pay all such amounts in United States dollars. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, fees are non-refundable. There are no refunds or credits for partial months of Services, plan downgrades, or refunds for unused services if Subscriber closes its account before the end of the term of any Service Order. Unless otherwise specified in the Service Order, the Services and any Add-On Services purchased by Subscriber during the Subscription Term, will automatically renew for additional periods equal to the length of the Subscription Term unless either party provides written notice to the other party at least 30 days prior to the expiration of the Subscription Term.
- Payment Terms. You agree to pay SparkReaction, LLC fees for the Service as set forth in the Service Order. SparkReaction, LLC collects payment for the Service automatically via ACH. You hereby authorize SparkReaction, LLC or its payment processor to initiate entries to your business bank checking account on file with SparkReaction, LLC (using your business address on file) in order to pay amounts that you owe to SparkReaction, LLC, and, if necessary, to initiate adjustments for any transactions credited or debited in error. You represent that you have authority to bind the organization that owns the bank account and to authorize these transactions to the bank account. SparkReaction, LLC may immediately suspend provision of the Service if your account is past due. Except to the extent expressly set forth herein, all payments are non-refundable and non-creditable.
- Taxes. Other than net income taxes imposed on SparkReaction, LLC, Subscriber will bear all taxes, duties, and other governmental charges (collectively, “taxes”) resulting from its purchase or use of the Services. Taxes will not be deducted from or set off against the fees set forth in the applicable Service Order or invoice.
Term and Termination
You may cancel your subscription to the Service at any time, for any or no reason, upon thirty (30) days written notice. To cancel your account, please contact SparkReaction, LLC customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may terminate this Agreement or use of the Service at any time, for any or no reason, by providing notice of termination to you in any reasonable manner. If we terminate your use of the Service after you were a paying subscriber, we will, if and to the extent possible and on request made by you transfer to you any Third-Party Services accounts that were created or maintained for you by SparkReaction, LLC, so that you can elect to maintain that subscription or export your data.
If this Agreement or a Service Order is terminated for any reason, (a) Subscriber will pay to SparkReaction, LLC any fees or other amounts that have accrued prior to the effective date of the termination, (b) any and all liabilities accrued prior to the effective date of the termination will survive, and (c) Subscriber will discontinue all use of the Services. Upon termination of this Agreement or any Service Order, SparkReaction, LLC shall have the right to remove Subscriber’s account information and account settings and Subscriber will not be able to recover this data or content (except that content stored/published to third-party websites, that data will remain on said third-party websites pursuant to those website’s terms and conditions). All provisions of this Agreement that, by their nature, are intended to survive termination (including those related to third party claims and limitations on liability) will remain in effect.
To realize the full value of the Services, your participation and effort are needed. Resources that are typically required from you include an Account Manager or single point of contact. Responsibilities that are typically required include planning of marketing programs; setting up a content creation calendar; creating blog posts, social media content, Calls-To-Action (CTAs), downloads, emails, nurturing content, and other materials; acting as internal liaison between sales and marketing; providing top-level internal goals for the use of the Services; attending regular meetings; and supporting the integration of the Subscription Service with other sales and marketing systems.
- Definition of Confidential Information. For the purpose of this Agreement, “Confidential Information” means non-public information of SparkReaction, LLC or Subscriber disclosed by either party to the other party, either directly or indirectly, in writing, orally or by inspection of tangible objects, or to which the other party may have access, which (i) a reasonable person would consider confidential or (ii) is marked “confidential” or “proprietary” or some similar designation by the disclosing party. Confidential Information will not, however, include any information that (i) was publicly known and made generally available in the public domain prior to the time of disclosure by the disclosing party; (ii) becomes publicly known and made generally available after disclosure by the disclosing party to the receiving party other than as a result of a violation of this Agreement by the receiving party; (iii) is already in the possession of the receiving party at the time of disclosure by the disclosing party, as shown by the receiving party’s files and records; (iv) is obtained by the receiving party from a third party without a breach of the third party’s obligations of confidentiality; or (v) is independently developed by the receiving party without use of or reference to the disclosing party’s Confidential Information, as shown by documents and other competent evidence in the receiving party’s possession.
- Protection of Confidential Information. The receiving party shall not disclose, use, transmit, inform or make available to any entity, person or body any of the Confidential Information, except as a necessary part of performing its obligations hereunder, and shall take all such actions as are reasonably necessary and appropriate to preserve and protect the Confidential Information and the parties’ respective rights therein, at all times exercising at least a reasonable level of care. Each party agrees to restrict access to the Confidential Information of the other party to those employees, advisors, agents and other representatives who require access in order to perform its obligations hereunder and who agreed to be bound by these obligations of confidentiality and non-disclosure.
You will indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, at your expense, against any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (each, an "Action") brought against us (and our officers, directors, employees, agents, service providers, licensors, and affiliates) by a third party not affiliated with us to the extent that such Action is based upon or arises out of (a) unauthorized or illegal use of the Services by you; (b) your noncompliance with or breach of this Agreement, (c) your use of Third-Party Products, or (d) the unauthorized use of the Services by any other person using your User information. We will: notify you in writing within thirty (30) days of our becoming aware of any such claim; give you sole control of the defense or settlement of such a claim; and provide you (at your expense) with any and all information and assistance reasonably requested by you to handle the defense or settlement of the claim. You shall not accept any settlement that (i) imposes an obligation on us; (ii) requires us to make an admission; or (iii) imposes liability not covered by these indemnifications or places restrictions on us without our prior written consent.
Warranties and Disclaimer
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SPARKREACTION, LLC, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBCONTRACTORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICE. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” NO WARRANTY IS MADE THAT THE SERVICE OR RESULTS OF USE OF THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS, THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IF THE EXCLUSIONS FOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO YOU UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO 60 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICE, WHICHEVER IS SOONER.
SPARKREACTION, LLC, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBCONTRACTORS DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL SATISFY OR ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LEGAL OBLIGATIONS OR LAWS OR REGULATIONS.
Limitations of Liability
- Disclaimer of Indirect Damages. NEITHER PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES WILL, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY, UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY, ENHANCED, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, BUSINESS, OR DATA; BUSINESS INTERRUPTION; OR LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE PARTY IS APPRISED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES OCCURRING OR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES WERE OTHERWISE FORESEEABLE.
- Cap on Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF EITHER PARTY AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES OF ALL KINDS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTY CLAIMS), REGARDLESS OF THE FORUM AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY ACTION OR CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, EXCEED THE LESSER OF THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS OR THE TOTAL AMOUNTS YOU HAVE ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE SERVICES IN THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO A CLAIM.
- Third Party Products. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS THAT YOU USE. OUR LICENSORS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SERVICES TO YOU.
- State Prohibition of Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Implied Warranties. Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply. IN THESE STATES, EACH PARTY’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Export Compliance and Anti-Corruption. The Services may be subject to export laws and regulations of the United States and other jurisdictions. Each party represents that it is not named on any U.S. government denied-party list. Subscriber shall not permit users to access or use the Services in a U.S.-embargoed country or in violation of any U.S. export law or regulation. Subscriber further represents that it has not received or been offered any illegal or improper bribe, kickback, payment, gift, or thing of value in connection with this Agreement (excluding any reasonable gifts and entertainment provided in the ordinary course of business).
- Federal Government End Use Provisions. If Subscriber is a U.S. federal government end user, the Services is a “Commercial Item” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as those terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Services are licensed to Subscriber with only those rights as provided under the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Assignability. Neither party may assign its right, duties, and obligations under this Agreement without the other party’s prior written consent, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed, except that a party may assign this Agreement without the other party’s consent to a successor (including a successor by way of merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or operation of law) if the successor agrees to assume and fulfill all of the assigning party’s obligations under this Agreement.
- Subcontractors. SparkReaction, LLC may utilize a subcontractor or other third party to perform its duties under this Agreement so long as SparkReaction, LLC remains responsible for all of its obligations under this Agreement.
- Notices. Any notice required or permitted to be given in accordance with this Agreement will be effective if it is in writing and sent by fax, e-mail, US mail, or insured courier, return receipt requested, to the appropriate party at the address set forth on the signature page of this Agreement (or the applicable Service Order). Either party may change its address for receipt of notice by notice to the other party in accordance with this Section. Notices are deemed given two business days following the date of mailing or one business day following delivery to a courier or sending an email or fax.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for, or be considered to be in breach of or default under this Agreement on account of, any delay or failure to perform as required by this Agreement as a result of any cause or condition beyond its reasonable control, so long as that party uses all commercially reasonable efforts to avoid or remove the causes of non-performance.
- Governing Law. This Agreement will be interpreted, construed, and enforced in all respects in accordance with the local laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without reference to its choice of law rules and not including the provisions of the 1980 U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Each party hereby irrevocably consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts in San Diego County, California in connection with any action arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
- Waiver. The waiver by either party of any breach of any provision of this Agreement does not waive any other breach. The failure of any party to insist on strict performance of any covenant or obligation in accordance with this Agreement will not be a waiver of such party’s right to demand strict compliance in the future, nor will the same be construed as a novation of this Agreement.
- Severability. If any part of this Agreement is found to be illegal, unenforceable, or invalid, the remaining portions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect. If any material limitation or restriction on the use of the Services under this Agreement is found to be illegal, unenforceable, or invalid, Subscriber’s right to use the Services will immediately terminate.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including the applicable Service Orders, is the final and complete expression of the agreement between these parties regarding Subscriber’s use of the Services. This Agreement supersedes, and the terms of this Agreement govern, all previous oral and written communications regarding these matters, all of which are merged into this Agreement. This Agreement may be changed only by a written agreement signed by an authorized agent of the party against whom enforcement is sought. SparkReaction, LLC will not be bound by, and specifically objects to, any term, condition, or other provision that is different from or in addition to this Agreement (whether or not it would materially alter this Agreement) that is proffered by Subscriber in any receipt, invoice, acceptance, purchase order, confirmation, correspondence, or otherwise, regardless of SparkReaction, LLC's failure to object to such terms, provisions or conditions. This Agreement may be executed in multiple counterparts, and may be signed electronically or via facsimile.